Cream cheese pesto crescent roll braids are a flaky, warm, and delicious treat.
You can never get enough pesto, in my opinion. It’s great on pasta, but it’s even better in a cream cheese crescent roll braid.
If you’re looking for something easy to make for a side dish, or an appetizer at a party, a cream cheese pesto braid is the perfect thing. Plus, it’s a cinch to make and costs around $5.
Full recipe and printable instructions listed below.
I start off by either spraying a cookie sheet with non stick spray, or cutting out a sheet of parchment paper. The braid won’t stick at all to the parchment paper. It works great for this dish.
Open the first package of crescent rolls.
Unroll both packages of crescent rolls and lay them out on the cookie sheet.
I have a handy little roller that works perfect for pressing the seams together, but if you don’t have one, your fingers will work just fine. Press all of the seams together, including the dotted lines.
Take a knife and cut 8 slits on each side, about 1/3 of the way into the middle.
Add 8 ounces of whipped cream cheese to the center. I used a spatula to spread it. You can see the slits a little better in this picture.
Next, add the pesto and spread it around.
To create the braid, take each piece and pull it toward the middle, giving each one a twist.
Beat one egg white with a little bit of water and brush it over the top. This will give the crescent roll a golden sheen.
Grate a little bit of parmesan cheese and sprinkle all over the braid. Mmm… I am getting excited!
Pop it in the oven and bake it for approximately 20 minutes. My crescent roll package stated 15 minutes, but I ended up baking it for about 20-25 minutes, give or take. When the braid is golden brown, it’s done.
And, it’s a gorgeous braid when it’s done, all while oozing warm and tasty cream cheese and pesto. Oh my goodness.
Let it cool for about 10 minutes.
I use a pizza cutter to slice it into smaller pieces.
For more delicious recipes:
- 2 - 8 oz. packages of crescent rolls
- 1 - 8 oz. package of whipped cream cheese
- 2 Tbsp. pesto sauce
- 1 egg white
- 1 tsp. water
- 2 Tbsp. shredded parmesan cheese
- Roll the crescent rolls out flat on a cookie sheet and press the seams together.
- Cut 8 slits down each side of the crescent rolls, 1/3 of the way to the middle.
- Spread cream cheese down the middle.
- Spread the pesto sauce on top of the cream cheese.
- Twist the outer pieces toward the middle, creating a braided look.
- Add the water to the egg white and beat.
- Brush on top of the entire braid.
- Sprinkle with parmesan cheese.
- Bake for approximately 20-25 minutes, or until golden brown.
- Let it cool for about 10 minutes.
- Slice with a pizza cutter.