Chocolate Coca-Cola Cake
Chocolate Coca-Cola Cake recipe is such a treat. If you’ve been to Cracker Barrel and ordered their Coca-Cola cake, you’ll know what I am talking about. It’s good stuff.
I took my youngest son there a few weeks ago and ordered two pieces to go. One for him and one for me. It was all I could do to not eat his!
I love cake. If you love cake, you can also try this Buttermilk Texas Sheet Cake.
There are several steps, but this was a pretty easy recipe, and I was glad to have more than one piece at home to eat (plus my son was glad I wasn’t trying to eat his).
Recipe and printable instructions below
Add the sugar, flour, baking soda, and cocoa to a bowl, mix together and set aside.
In a saucepan add the butter, vegetable oil, and Coca-Cola. Bring to a boil.
(You can see my phone in the reflection!)
Once the mixture boils, pour it into the flour mixture and stir.
Make sure to completely stir the mixture before adding the eggs to keep them from cooking.
Add the eggs to the mixture and mix well.
Next, add the vanilla.
Finally, add the buttermilk and stir everything together. Mmm…this makes it rich and delicious.
(If you don’t have buttermilk, you can use a combination of 1/2 cup milk and 1 tsp. lemon juice).
Pour the mixture into the greased cake pan and bake for 30 minutes at 350-degrees.
Add the butter, cocoa, Coca-Cola, and vanilla to a sauce pan. Cook on medium heat until melted and warm.
Add the chocolate syrup and mix together.
Finally, add the powdered sugar and mix well. Continue to stir until all of the lumps are gone.
Let the frosting cool for about 15 minutes before pouring onto the cake. (Otherwise it all slides off to the sides).
Let the cake and frosting cool for a few minutes before serving.
You will love the way the way the Chocolate Coca-Cola Cake turns out, and it will feed quite a few people. It’s the perfect dessert for holidays, church potlucks, and family get-togethers.
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 stick butter (1/2 cup)
- 1 cup Coca-Cola
- 2 tsp. vanilla
- 2 cups flour
- 2 cups sugar
- 3/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 1 stick butter (1/2 cup)
- 1/4 cup Coca-Cola
- 1/2 cup unsweetened coca powder
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 1/4 cup chocolate syrup
- 3 cups powdered sugar
- Preheat oven to 350-degrees.
- Grease a 9" x 13" cake pan and set aside.
- Add the flour, sugar, cocoa, and baking soda to a bowl and mix together. Set aside.
- Add the vegetable oil, butter, and Coca-Cola to a medium saucepan on high. Bring to a boil and remove from heat.
- Pour the oil mixture into the flour mixture and stir until well blended.
- Add the vanilla and eggs and mix well.
- Add the buttermilk and mix well. Pour into the cake pan. Bake for 30 minutes or until cake tester comes out clean.
- Let the cake cool before making frosting.
- Add the butter, Coca-Cola, cocoa, and vanilla to a medium saucepan. Stir together and heat on medium.
- Add the chocolate syrup and mix well.
- Add the powdered sugar and mix well. Stir until all of the lumps are gone.
- Let cool for about 15 minutes.
- Pour over the cake and let cool before serving.
For another delicious cake, try Easy Homemade Chocolate Cake with Buttercream Frosting
Find more delicious recipes at
and The Country Cook[mailerlite_form form_id=1]