Baked Brie Appetizer
The baked brie appetizer is honestly one of the most delicious recipes I’ve ever eaten. It has a salty-sweet combo that is out of this world.
If you want an appetizer to wow people, this is the one. And, it’s easy to make. It only takes a few minutes to get the brie ready to bake.
I’ve bought pre-made baked brie from store and it’s convenient and always turns out delicious, but why not make your own and add a few additional ingredients to make a treat that everyone will remember?
What Ingredients Do I Need For Baked Brie Pastry?
- 8 oz. brie
- Puff pastry (buy frozen, and thaw)
- Dried cranberries
- Brown sugar
- Chopped pecans
- 1 egg white
Full printable recipe with measurements and instructions listed at the bottom of the post in the recipe card.
How Do I Make The Baked Brie?
- Cut the rind off of the brie.
- Unfold the puff pastry, after it thaws, and place the brie in the center of the pastry.
- Top the brie with brown sugar, dried cranberries, and pecans.
- Fold one corner of the puff pastry over the brie, and work your way around the brie until the entire pastry is covering the brie.
- Press the center down a little to make sure the dough stays together.
- Brush the dough with an egg white and bake for approximately 20 to 30 minutes, or until the dough is golden brown and flaky.
- Serve with crackers.
How To Bake Brie
Start by taking the wrapper off of the brie cheese. I cut the top and sides off of the brie.
I did leave the rind on the bottom of the cheese, however.
I have made this with and without the rind and I will say I personally think it tastes better without the rind.
When you cut the rind off of the cheese, then make sure the cheese is cold, otherwise, you will have a big blob of cheese mess.
I used Ile De France Brie and I thought it had great flavor. I bought the cheese at Publix.
Unfold the puff pastry, place it on a greased cookie sheet, and place the brie in the center of the sheet.
I bought frozen puff pastry sheets. I set the sheets in the refrigerator the day before I was going to use it.
You can also set it on the counter to thaw before unfolding it.
At our local grocery store, they only sell puff pastry packages with two puff pastries; however, you only need one for this recipe.
Next, place the brown sugar on top of the brie cheese.
Add the cranberries.
Add the pecans on top of the brown sugar and cranberries.
Bring one corner of the puff pastry up and over the brie, and work your way around until all of the puff pastry is folded up and over the cheese.
I happened to have some little pastry cutters that I don’t get to use very often. You can cut shapes and add them on top of pies or puff pastry.
This isn’t necessary, but fun. So, if you have some, you can use them and add the shapes to the top of the brie before baking.
Beat one egg white with a fork and brush it on the puff pastry to give it some shine when it cooks.
Bake the brie for 20 to 30 minutes, or until the puff pastry is golden brown and flaky.
Cut the puff pastry right away and the cheese will ooze out. Spread on a cracker and enjoy!
This really is the best-baked brie recipe and you are going to fall in love with this easy recipe. I couldn’t stop eating it!
Baked Brie With Puff Pastry
Check out the bake brie recipe card below, grab those ingredients, and start baking! This is a great addition to any meal.
Then, share your comments below and share a picture of your brie on the Pinterest Pin! If you made any changes or added something different, be sure to share it with us so we can try it, too!
- 17 oz container of puff pastry (it comes with two, but only use one)
- 8 oz. brie cheese
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans
- 1-2 Tbsp. dried cranberries
- 1 egg white
- Thaw the puff pastry ahead of time.
- Preheat oven to 400-degrees.
- Cut the rind off of the top and sides of the brie (it can also be left on)
- Unfold the puff pastry and place on a greased cookie sheet.
- Place the brie on the center of the puff pastry.
- Top cheese with brown sugar, pecans, and cranberries.
- Fold the corner of the puff pastry over the top of the cheese and work your way around until the entire pastry is folded over the top.
- Press the center gently to keep it together as it cooks.
- Beat an egg white in a small bowl. Brush the puff pastry with the egg.
- Bake for 20-30 minutes or until the pastry is golden brown.
- Cut and serve immediately with crackers.
You can use a larger size brie if desired.
I personally think the brie tastes better with the top and sides of the rind cut off.
I used Ile De France Brie Cheese, which has great flavor.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 194Total Fat: 13gSaturated Fat: 3gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 9gCholesterol: 11mgSodium: 136mgCarbohydrates: 14gFiber: 1gSugar: 3gProtein: 4g
Nutrition is approximate.