This post may contain affiliate links.
I love treats. A little too much–in fact my tight-fitting jeans remind me of that every time I try to button them. I have to remind myself that you guys might want to see more than just desserts, so I promise to add a few things besides cookies. I guess life does consist of other things besides dessert, but I’m so thankful for treats, because wouldn’t it be so dull without them?
These babies are a great treat, by the way. They are soft and chewy, and there’s just the perfect amount of chocolate to mix in with the peanut butter. Normally, I am convinced that peanut butter and chocolate should be kept apart. I know, I am strange. But, I never liked the two together. But, if you present me with the perfect dessert, I can make an exception. This is one of them. Plus, they are easy peasy.
Step 1: Mix the butter, sugar, brown sugar, and peanut butter in a medium-sized bowl.
Step 2: Add the egg and vanilla, and mix.
Step 3: Add the flour, baking soda, and salt, and mix.
Step 4: Roll the dough into 1-inch balls and roll in the powdered sugar. Place your thumb in the middle and gently press down on the dough to create a spot for the Hershey Kiss. (But, don’t put the Kiss on until after it bakes).
Step 5: Once the cookies bake, place a Hershey Kiss in the middle of the warm cookie. Let the cookies cool.
- 1 stick butter (softened)
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 1 egg
- 1-1/3 cup flour
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/4 cup powdered sugar
- Hershey Kisses
- Preheat oven to 350-degrees.
- In a medium bowl, mix butter, sugar, brown sugar, and peanut butter.
- Add the vanilla and egg. Mix until well blended.
- Add the flour, baking soda, and salt and mix well.
- Roll into 1-inch balls and roll in powdered sugar.
- Set on cookie sheet and press your thumb gently down into the middle of the cookie to create a spot for the Hershey Kiss when done baking.
- Bake for approx. 13 minutes.
- Place the Hershey Kiss into the indentation in the cookie while still warm.