This post may contain affiliate links.
I have never been a huge fan of shredded coconut, but let’s just be honest here, anything drizzled in sweetened condensed milk tastes good. I had some peanut butter chips left over from another cooking project, so I decided to live on the edge and add those to the recipe. The bars turned out amazing.
The printable recipe, with measurements, is listed at the end of the post.
Step 1: Crush graham crackers inside of a large Ziplock bag. Spread them out in a 9″ x 13″ baking pan. Melt the butter and pour over the graham crackers. Mix the crackers and butter, making sure everything is covered, and press down into the pan.
Step 2: Sprinkle the pecans and shredded coconut over the top.
Step 3: If you can manage it (big “if” here), don’t pour the sweetened condensed milk into your mouth. Pour it over the coconut and pecans. If there is any left in the can, go ahead and scrape it out. If no one is looking, lick it out. Actually, it’s so good, who cares if anyone is looking.
Step 4: Sprinkle the chocolate chips and peanut butter chips over the top. Bake at 350-degrees for approximately 25 minutes, or until the top and edges are golden. I have to say; the chewy sides are my favorite. Yum!
If you can stand it, let the Hello Dolly Bars cool before digging into them. They are a gooey mess if you rush in, but either way, they are delicious. The recipe makes quite a few bars. They are rich, so it’s easy to cut them up into smaller sizes and feed more people. If you plan to take them to church, or school, or the office, give them a few hours to cool. Once they cool, they are going to set up better and cut easier.
- 2 cups crushed graham crackers (about 10 crackers)
- 1-1/2 sticks butter (melted)
- 1 cup shredded coconut
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1-14 oz. can sweetened condensed milk
- 2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup peanut butter chips
- Crush the graham crackers in a large ziplock bag. Pour into 9" x 13" baking dish.
- Pour the melted butter over the graham crackers and mix. Press the graham crackers into the bottom of the dish.
- Sprinkle the coconut and pecans over the graham crackers.
- Pour the sweetened condensed milk over the entire dessert.
- Top with chocolate chips and peanut butter chips.
- Bake for approximately 20-25 minutes, or until the edges are golden brown.
- Cool and cut.