I’m always on the lookout for easy meals to cook for dinner, and Sweet Baby Ray’s barbecue sauce made it happen for me. I tend to buy meats that are on sale, and chicken and ground beef seem to always have the lowest prices, so that’s what we end up eating a lot of during the week.
The only problem with buying so much ground beef and chicken is that everyone gets tired of the same old, same old. Believe me, I hear about it.
Adding some BBQ sauce is a great way to add a spin on the everyday. I grabbed a bottle of Sweet Baby Ray’s Honey Barbecue Sauce, some chicken breasts, butter, water, and a slow-cooker. And in a few short hours, we had some easy chicken barbecue sandwiches.
It’s a simple recipe that you can make while you’re at the ballgame, school, or work. Once you get home, it’s ready to go.
Easy Sweet Baby Ray’s BBQ Chicken goes great with:
- 28 oz. bottle Sweet Baby Ray's Honey Barbecue Sauce
- 1 stick butter
- 4 cups water
- 4 chicken breasts
- Add the chicken breasts to the slow-cooker.
- Pour the water into the slow-cooker.
- Add the butter to the slow-cooker.
- Pour 14 oz. of the barbecue sauce over the chicken.
- Set the cooker for 6 hours on medium heat.
- Once the timer goes off, remove the chicken.
- Place the chicken in a bowl and shred it with a fork.
- Pour the remainder of the barbecue sauce over the chicken and stir to coat. (If you want a smaller amount of barbecue sauce, add the amount you desire).
- If the chicken has cooled off, pop it in the microwave for a minute.
- Eat it alone or on a toasted bun with a side of corn and fries.