This post may contain affiliate links.
Crock Pot meals are an easy way to get dinner on the table when you’ve been going all day. There are times throughout the year that the days seem shorter, and life seems a little crazier. Those are the times I love to have supper ready when I get home. Crock pot, slow cooker meals are so simple, and don’t require much work. It doesn’t get any better than that.
You can make just about anything you dream up, in the crock pot, including desserts.
Crock Pot Potato Soup
One of my favorite meals to cook in the crock pot is potato soup. You can’t get it wrong, and it’s a warm and cozy comfort food for those wintry days (I think it gets down to 65-degrees here in Florida. Believe me, we freeze on those days).
- 1 – 32 oz. bag frozen hash brown potatoes
- 1/2 cup onion (diced)
- 2 – 8 oz. packages of cream cheese
- 2 – 10.5 oz. cans chicken broth
- 1 – 10.5 oz. can cream of chicken soup or leave out for a gluten-free meal)
- 1 to 1-1/2 cups shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup bacon bits
- Add the potatoes, onions, chicken broth, and cream of chicken soup to the crock pot. Cook on medium setting for approximately 4 hours.
- After 4 hours, cut up the cream cheese into small blocks and add to the soup. Stir in the cream cheese and cook for 1/2 hour.
- Stir the soup again. Add 1/2 cup or more of shredded cheddar cheese (depending on how much you like cheese) and stir.
- Ladle into soup bowls and top with more shredded cheese and bacon bits. Dig in!
Crock Pot Roast Dinner
We were brought up on pot roast. It’s an easy way to get plenty of veggies into the mix, delicious, and a cinch to make. There’s always leftovers, everyone seems to be happy when the roast is done, and tummies are full.
- 2 to 3 pounds of beef roast (make sure there is some fat – it’s good for you, and it adds flavor).
- 5 to 6 medium-sized potatoes (peeled and cut into wedges)
- 1 handful of baby carrots
- 1/2 cup onion (diced)
- 1 handful of celery (diced)
- 1/2 cup red wine vinegar
- 1 Tbsp garlic
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- Add all of the ingredients to the crock pot. Fill the rest of the crock pot up with water.
- Close the lid and cook on low for approximately 10 hours.
- Dish it up and enjoy!
Crock Pot Buttered Chicken
This is such an easy meal to make. It takes less than five minutes to get it in the crock pot and cooking. The butter melts and fills the house with the smell of comfort. Trust me, you will love this recipe.
- 4 chicken breasts
- 1 stick butter (cubed)
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1 oz. packet dry ranch dressing
- 1 Tbsp minced garlic (optional)
- Add chicken, broth, garlic, and butter to the crock pot.
- Cover chicken with dry ranch dressing.
- Cook on low for about 8 hours. Serve and enjoy!
When you’re trying to make life a little simpler, throw some of these ingredients into the slow cooker and rest easy when you get home. All you’ll have to do is dish it up and set it on the table. It doesn’t get any easier than that.